[Telepathy] Proposed standard MC API

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:21:00 PDT 2007

Le mardi 14 août 2007 à 13:53 +0200, Sjoerd Simons a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 03:54:40PM +0100, George Wright wrote:
> > Again, the online specification has been updated:
> >
> > http://projects.collabora.co.uk/~george/MissionControlSpec.html
> >
> > Changes:
> > - Initial Channel Handler API.
>
>   What seems a little bit strange to me. The channel handlers are defined by a
>   set of files on the filesystem, which you basically point the MC to (look in
>   this dir, there are my prefered chandlers)
>
>   Is there any reasons to not just send the information in the chandler
>   files over dbus to the MC?
>
>   Sjoerd

If MC exits but not the client that registered the chandler (that
happens when you set presence to offline) you want MC to get your
chandler again we it restarts. That's a problem I have with NMC and
filters atm. When MC starts it should scan the bus to detect all
chandler objects and call a method on them like GetInfo() to get all
information about that handler and register it again.

Another problem is that the UI that register a chandler is not running
when there is no channel to handle. It get launched by DBus when MC call
a method on the service provided by the chandler... So the chandler
can't register itself through DBus if it's not running at first. That's
why we have a file that MC read to know on which DBus object it should
call to launch the chandler service.

Xavier Claessens.