[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-haze 0.1.1 released
will at willthompson.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 12:43:30 PDT 2007
Following the unannounced release of telepathy-haze 0.1.0 ("It's
Like The 90s") last week, telepathy-haze 0.1.1 ("Release less often,
release correctly") is now available at:
What is it?
telepathy-haze is a connection manager built around libpurple, the
core of Pidgin (formerly Gaim), as a Summer of Code project under the
Pidgin umbrella. Ultimately, any protocol supported by libpurple will
be supported by telepathy-haze; for now, XMPP, MSN and AIM are known to
work acceptably, and others will probably work too.
telepathy-haze is relatively stable and usable for day-to-day IMing,
but it will probably fall over at some point. Setting HAZE_DEBUG=all
might give more useful information if it does fall over.
What's new in 0.1.1?
* Fixed segfaults when closing text and list channels, and some
corruption caused by g_free-ing slice-allocated memory.
What was new in 0.1.0?
* Connecting to MSN, XMPP, AIM known to work.
* Plain text conversations with individual contacts.
* The 'subscribe' list, plus contact list groups.
* Basic presence: available, busy, away, extended away, invisible, with a
message when supported by the underlying prpl.
* Retrieving your own server alias and those of your contacts, plus saving
custom aliases for your contacts to the server (where supported by the
* Retrieving your contacts' avatars (but not setting your own).
* Typing notifications.
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Telepathy is currently the closest
thing to a telepathy-haze website.
Thanks to Rob McQueen for mentoring me, and to the denizens of
#telepathy and #pidgin on Freenode for their advice and for acting
as guinea pigs. :-)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/attachments/20070817/3d2d4cd0/attachment.pgp
More information about the Telepathy