[Telepathy] Channel-specific handles vs pending membership

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 10:55:11 PDT 2007

It's currently unclear what will happen when a channel has
channel-specific handles (XMPP MUCs, in practice) and invitations happen.

Assume simon at srv, fred at srv and jim at srv are global handles, and
room at conf.srv/Simon, room at conf.srv/Fred and room at conf.srv/Jim are
the corresponding channel-specific handles in the MUC room at conf.srv.

* If Fred invites me to join room at conf.srv, will I see simon at srv or
  room at conf.srv/Simon in the local-pending set, or is it unspecified?

* Also, will I see fred at srv or room at conf.srv/Fred in the members set, or
  is it unspecified?

* When I accept the invitation and I get moved to the remote-pending
  set, or if I'm trying to join a room without having been invited, which of
  my handles will I see in the remote-pending set? (I assume it's the
  same in both cases...)

* If I invite Jim by calling AddMembers(RequestHandles([jim at srv])), will I see
  jim at srv or room at conf.srv/Jim in the remote-pending set, or is it unspecified?

	Simon