[Telepathy] Looking for a coool name

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 09:43:00 PDT 2007

Le vendredi 16 mars 2007 à 15:08 +0000, Dafydd Harries a écrit :
> > There were also ideas we discussed about at the UDS with Simon and Carlos concerning
> > account and vcard edition UI. Basically they all turned around using gnome-about-me capplet,
> > or a new one, that allows to setup accounts at a GNOME-wide level in the same way you setup sound.
>
> You have in mind a new ContactInfo API? I don't think it should be
> vCard-specific at the API level, though of course we should design for
> protocols that do store personal information in vCards.

Something like Rob's brain dump of some months ago? See
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/2006-November/000392.html

> For gnome-about-me to control Telepathy accounts implies some sort of official
> blessing of Telepathy by GNOME, and also a standard way of storing accounts
> that gnome-about-me can use. Perhaps initially we should focus on using the
> information that gnome-about-me currently stores; e.g. by using the name it
> stores as an alias by default. This seems like something that MC would do.
> Where does gnome-about-me store its information?

It's in evolution-data-server as for the address book.

We should definitely think about how we'll integrate sympathy and e-d-s.
For local settings of course (alias, personal informations, avatar
maybe) but also for remote contacts. Feed the address book using vcard
of our contacts, add contact in our roster when we add him in
evolution, ...

	G.