[Telepathy] Spec for file-transfer and tubes
dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 14:08:28 PDT 2007
Ar 19/03/2007 am 17:08, ysgrifennodd Dafydd Harries:
> With these things in mind, I'll draw up a spec patch, based on yours, that
> omits file transfers and non-D-Bus tubes, and includes ideas from Simon's
> proposals. We're confident that we can specify file transfers and additional
> tube types in separate changes to the spec.
Work in progress, but.
Spec HTML with tubes:
- removed file transfer interfaces
- removed IOStream
- renamed TubeNegotiation to Tubes
- removed tube interfaces other than Tubes
- changed "protocol" to "service"
- made "service" be a bus name for D-Tubes
- removed tube types other than D-Tube
- added parameters dict to rubes
- added ListTubes
- mention tubes for room handle channels
Tube parameters contain stuff like username/password, or any other stuff you
need to bootstrap.
As per Simon's earlier proposal, the idea is to make the service name for
TCP/UDP tubes be DNS SRV-like names.
More information about the Telepathy