[Telepathy] Display names from SIP headers as aliases?

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Fri May 11 06:40:25 PDT 2007

Hi,

No, that's just a display name without any other conventions.
SIP has good means to identify calls, mind you :)

>> (OTOH that will raise more security concerns than
>> displaying a bare URI).
>
>Provided the user is shown both, there's no concern. If you took the
>other end's identity claim and used it to override their real identity,
>that would be bad. :)

Not to mention that SIP is as prone to faking the peers' identity as SMTP is.
You either use S/MIME or you have no warranty.
(Speaking of which, any means to indicate channel's security/privacy level in Telepathy?)

>Take a look at
>observe_vcard() and gabble_vcard_manager_get_cached_alias() in
>src/vcard-manager.c in Gabble.

Thanks for the pointers, I think I'll go this way as well.

Best regards,
  Mikhail