[Telepathy] Secure communications with Telepathy

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Tue Nov 27 07:44:23 PST 2007

Hi,

If somebody can attach to your session bus, they probably can just as well read your private keys.

>- What to do if I don't have access to the private key (e.g. smart card
>readers)?
>- In the case of a connection to a server I need to pause the
>connection
>process until the client has verified the server's
>certificate, to avoid
>sending the password to an untrusted server.
>- We need a ListSupportedCertificates() method to know the supported
>certificate types: X.509, PGP, etc.

Is it some interface not currently in the spec?

>Any better idea? Suggestions?

We really need some generic security interface on channels. I think that in order to be flexible and cover the use cases already known (e.g. SIP request authentication, end-to-end encryption), it should unify text-based authentication and certificate exchange mechanisms.

Best regards,
  Mikhail