[Telepathy] Improved chandler/filter system for MC

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:10:23 PDT 2007

Le mardi 09 octobre 2007 à 16:18 +0300, Alberto Mardegan a écrit :
> ext Xavier Claessens wrote:
> [...]
> > Comments are welcome, I think we can discuss that and include it in MC's
> > standardised spec. I would be really happy if it could be implemented in
> > Nokia's MC.
>
> At a first glance, I like your proposal; I think we can find better
> names for the methods in the channel handler interface (maybe changing
> "Process" into "Dispatched"), but that's secundary.
> Instead, I'd like you to explain the meaning of the ChandlerID, because
> it appears that you intend to use it somehow, but I don't see any
> references to it other than in the HandleChannel and Process methods.

A chandler could receive more than one channel, so for Process method
and Dispatch signal we need an ID to tell which channel we wants to
process/dispatch. And we can't just use the TpChan+TpConn objects
because for Tubes one channel can contains many services handled
separately. So I think the easiest way to solve that is to generate an
unique ID for each channel dispatched like and once it's dispatched to a
chandler we use this ID for future communications between MC and
chandler.

I agree we can rename "Process" to "Dispatched".

One thing I forgot in my proposal is a field in .chandler file to add
some capabilities. For example the voip-ui will install a .chandler
telling MC that we have a voip ui so MC should announce a VoIP
capability. NMC already does that IIRC.

Xavier Claessens