[Telepathy] Proposed spec format update: Dict<A,B>

Alp Toker alp at atoker.com
Sat Oct 13 07:59:13 PDT 2007

We do not currently mark up dictionary parameter types:

Before:
       <arg direction="in" name="aliases" type="a{us}"/>

I propose:

       <arg direction="in" name="aliases" type="a{us}"
tp:type="Dict<Contact_Handle,String"/>

This is inspired by the format we already use to describe arrays and
based on the syntax for templates in C++ and generics in C#. It is
surprisingly easy to parse recursively in XSL.

For primitive (D-Bus) types, we will use the Telepathy_Camel_Case form
of the names specified in the D-Bus spec:

Byte, Boolean, Int16, UInt16, Int32, UInt32, Int64, UInt64, Float,
Double, String, Object_Path, Signature, Variant