[Telepathy] TransportHander API proposal

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Tue Apr 15 06:22:21 PDT 2008

Hi,

Well, it was me who suggested to make them strings, to simplify
configuration file parsing. But if I'm outvoted 1:2, they can be variants.

>I think a reasonably well thought-out list of well-known keys
>is needed.

Yes, and you had a good start in an earlier draft.

>Mardy's draft doesn't cover all the use cases mentioned in the
>rationale (negating rules to have an account which is
>connected when not
>at work), which is amusing... perhaps someone can think of a
>more elegant way
>to achieve the same result?

Our current thinking includes a connectivity plugin which handles conditions such as
(imagined account/profile syntax similar to param- convention):

condition-conn-ap = WORK,HOME,"wacky name"

, where the gory syntax in the value is left for the plugin to parse and reason about.

Best regards,
  Mikhail