[Telepathy] P2P tubes on link-local (Salut)
alban.crequy at collabora.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 03:50:27 PDT 2008
Salut implements MUC tubes, but not 1-1 tubes:
Our current "tubes over XMPP" spec does not specify 1-1 tubes on
I started a draft to add 1-1 tubes on link-local (both stream tubes
and D-Bus tubes) on this spec:
HTML version: http://people.collabora.co.uk/~alban/tmp/tubes.html
- We don't need NAT traversal on link-local, a direct TCP connection
should be enough for both D-Bus and stream tube.
- I use the Jingle namespace, but I don't know if it is correct:
- <message> stanzas are avoided to advertise and establish a tube: <iq>
is more relevant for things that look like method calls and method
returns, and we avoid this bug:
- No <presence> stanza is added.
- Other tubes is not changed (1-1 XMPP, MUC XMPP and MUC link-local)
to remain compatible with current implementations.
More information about the Telepathy