[Telepathy] retromessenger & telepathy

M. Peterson petersonmaxx at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 30 01:21:29 PDT 2008

Hello

i just subscribed to the telepathy mailinglist as we are developing as well
an instant messenger and are interested into the telepathy framework and its
potentials and cpapabilities. You find our project here:

Http://retromessenger.sf.net <http://retromessenger.sf.net/>

we use a wxwidget gui, and as well a XUL gui is almost done, qt gui there
are as well 2 developers interested in and a gtk/MFC gui we are currently
looking for.
The messenger is based currently on the serverless libretroshare.

Our main goal is to make first the wxwidget gui running, then the other guis
and as well to try to port to linux mobile phone openmoko.

Interesting is now the part, how you have already noticed that messenger
library or how we could integrate telepathy.
A well a sub-SVN is possible for a design layout of a gui like
retromessenger using telepathy.

so there are two discussions: how to integrate telepathy into a gui of a
messenger and how to integrate the libretroshare into telepathy.
Furthermore an later interesting question would be, how the serverless
libretroshare can work over the serverbased messengers as an encryption
thread.
(that of course needs a client or telepahty library, which both recipients
use).

But back to the wxwidget gui of our project, we have written the fbp guid
esign code and as well all cpp/h files for the bridge of library and gui,
the library is as well ready. It compile both on linux and for windows we
have in the wiki a howto-compile-description.
If anyone is interested to download the first version of the gui, see the
download location, for the code see SVN and to build it with the current
cpp/hs
(though there is a bug in calling the functions, we currently work on, ideas
are welcome).

Is there any idea, how we could interact with telepathy and use the
gui-library for a tiny messenger we currently build to stuck it to
telepathy?
Regards Max