[Telepathy] Account and AccountManager objects

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Fri Feb 1 02:51:13 PST 2008

Hi,

A string with certain conventions is good enough, but I think there are two attributes to every condition that might be worthy to separate. One is the condition type, that could tell a client that this condition is their domain.
Another is the unique tag as such (within the type namespace). For example, {"org.whatever.vpn", "MyOfficeVPNAccount"}.
It's similar to detailed GObject signals, or XML namespaces.
I think a (type, name) condition tuple could be more convenient than a syntactic convention on the single ID string, that the clients would have to parse in order to filter conditions interesting to them.

My two cents,
  Mikhail