[Telepathy] Accessing the ContactList for a connection.

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 02:43:05 PST 2008

Ar 15/02/2008 am 01:16, ysgrifennodd Michael R. Head:
> On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 03:37 +0000, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > As you may have spotted, recent tp-glib releases include a full
> > client-side API which unlike libtp has full gtkdoc-ification, and should
> > help a great deal with mapping between the specs and the binding APIs.
>
> Yeah... I've got it all loaded into devhelp. So actually I'm a little
> confused as to the relationship between libtelepathy and telepathy-glib.
> Should I be using one or the other or both?

libtelepathy is older and provides client-side support only. telepathy-glib
began as a library for writing connection managers, but is replacing
libtelepathy's client-side API while incorporating lessons learned from
libtelepathy's mistakes. While it's not yet finished, I think at this point it
should be good enough for you to use. Feedback on its API is welcome.

--
Dafydd