[Telepathy] Account and AccountManager objects

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 09:59:22 PST 2008

Le mardi 22 janvier 2008 à 17:38 +0000, Simon McVittie a écrit :
> - - Idle: the 'account' parameter is e.g. 'User', the 'server' parameter
>   is e.g. irc.freenode.net, you need both for an account name.
>   The self-handle normalizes to 'user'. (Hmm, perhaps we should be
>   normalizing all handles to user at irc.freenode.net instead, so handles
>   have globally unique values... obviously, the alias would still be
>   "User", and just a nick would still be accepted as input to
>   RequestHandles)

An interesting use case here could be: In epiphany, I click on
irc://irc.freenode.org/telepathy . Then 3 possibilities:
a) I already have a connected account on Freenode so I just join
#telepathy
b) I have an account configured for Freenode but it's not connected. We
connect it and join #telepathy
c) I don't have an Freenode account already configured so we create a
"temporary" account (maybe just create a connection is enough), connect
it and join #telepathy.

Not sure how much MC should be involved in this process though.

	G.