[Telepathy] Account and AccountManager objects

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 22 22:57:13 PST 2008

ext Simon McVittie wrote:
> Just what is an account?
>
> - - an independent "identity"
>   - if I connect to XMPP as smcv at example.com/N810 and smcv at example.com/Laptop,
>     I think we ought to think of that as one account

 From a MC POV, they are two different accounts: if you want to have
them both connected from the same machine, you'll need 2 MC accounts,
whose "resource" parameter will be different.

I agreee with all the rest you wrote. I'd like to emphasize that one
important statement that I'd like to be always valid is that a MC
account can have at most one Telepathy connection at a time, and that
obviously one Tp connection can be bound at most to one account.

Ciao,
   Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it <-- Geek in un lingua international!