[Telepathy] pkg-config

Frederik Himpe fhimpe at telenet.be
Wed Jul 30 11:11:44 PDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:29:33 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 at 12:02:59 +0000, Frederik Himpe wrote:
>> It seems nothing is providing pkg-config > 0.21. Actually, I did not
>> find any pc file which has a requirement on pkg-config at all. Mandriva
>> is using pkgconfig-0.23.
>
> pkgconfig knows its own version without needing a .pc file. On Debian:

OK, that explains everything: RPM is reading pc files to translate the
pkgconfig requirements and provides in rpm requirements and provides. But
because there is no pc file providing pkg-config, it did not know about
this one. I added this provides by hand to the pkgconfig RPM package, and
all is well now.

Thanks for the explanation!
--
Frederik Himpe