[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.7

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 08:21:00 PDT 2008

The "still not in git" release.

tar: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.7.tar.gz
sig: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.7.tar.gz.asc
darcs: http://projects.collabora.co.uk/darcs/telepathy/telepathy-gabble
tag: "telepathy-gabble 0.7.7"

Requirements:

* telepathy-glib >= 0.7.13

Enhancements:

* Implement XEP-0115 version 1.5 (hashed capabilities)

* Implement Channel and Group properties on all channels, for round-trip
  reduction if used with a recent client

* Add infrastructure to implement planned properties InitiatorHandle,
  InitiatorID, TargetID, Requested

* In multi-user chat,
  Group.GetHandleOwner(Group.GetSelfHandle()) == Connection.GetSelfHandle()

* If a Text channel closes with messages still pending, reopen the text
  channel, as though those messages had arrived just *after* closing it
  (solving a race condition that could lead to messages being lost)

* fd.o #14954: Set presence in MUCs to be the same as our global presence

* fd.o #14955: Set nickname in MUCs to be the same as our alias for ourselves
  (as set with Aliasing)

* Implement SimplePresence as well as Presence

Fixes:

* Fix a reference leak when using (new-style) TLS

* Fix a memory leak when invited to a MUC

* Fix a possible assertion failure when we're sent an invalid MUC invitation

* fd.o #16918: fix an access to freed memory when the vCard manager is
  destroyed

Miscellaneous:

* Rename gabble-foo.[ch] to foo.[ch] (we like tab completion)

* fd.o #14341: add a regression test (currently disabled, because the bug
  is in Loudmouth)

* Port most of the regression tests to a more comprehensible API

Regards,
    Simon