[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-spec 0.17.7
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 09:35:44 PDT 2008
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
telepathy-spec 0.17.7, the "propertifying the countryside" release.
The latest release is, as always, available from:
or for packagers (e.g. http://packages.debian.org/telepathy-spec):
* The Channel interface now contains properties:
- TargetHandleType/TargetHandle (the same thing that GetHandle returns),
- ChannelType (the same thing that GetChannelType returns), deprecating
- Interfaces (the same thing that GetInterfaces returns), deprecating
* Channels are no longer guaranteed unique per (channel type, handle type,
handle) triple, even when the handle type is nonzero
New experimental API:
* The Channel.FUTURE interface contains functionality targeted for inclusion
in the core Channel interface after we have some implementation experience:
- TargetHandleID (the ID obtained by inspecting the TargetHandle)
- InitiatorHandle (the initiator of the channel)
- InitiatorID (the ID obtained by inspecting the InitiatorHandle)
* Correct various references to obsolete API
* Mark things that were added or deprecated in 0.17.6 as such, rather than
* Lists of use-cases for future functionality have been added, and we've
started to propose implementations for use in the future Requests API.
Please discuss these on the Telepathy mailing list
<mailto:telepathy at lists.freedesktop.org> or in #telepathy on
irc.freenode.net, and see http://monkey.collabora.co.uk/
for further use-cases and implementation proposals.
Notes to packagers:
* Compiling the dispatch/request use-cases to HTML requires rst2html
from the Python docutils package (python-docutils in Debian and Fedora).
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Telepathy