[Telepathy] Gabble

Alban Crequy alban.crequy at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 03:17:11 PDT 2008

Le Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:36:16 +0800,
"Pete Kay" <petedao at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
> Does anyone know much about Gabble?  I saw it from telepathy website
> saying that it can do multi-user audio/video calls.  However, I can't
> find much info about it. Is there any website available?
>
> Where can I get the software and try it out?

Hi,

Gabble can do audio/video calls but it is only one part of the stack.
You also need telepathy-stream-engine, farsight,
gstreamer-plugins-farsight and an UI like Empathy. If you install
Empathy from your distribution, it should grab the needed dependencies
(in Debian, look for the recommended packages too).

Today only 2-user audio/video calls work but we plan to implement
multi-user audio/video calls:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Mingle

Latest releases of Gabble can be found there:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/
The darcs head version can be downloaded with the command:
darcs get http://projects.collabora.co.uk/darcs/telepathy/telepathy-gabble

--
Alban