[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: Soylent 0.1.6
treitter-dev at netdrain.com
Sat Jun 28 23:46:33 PDT 2008
It's time again for a new release of Soylent!
Soylent 0.1.6 - Ready and rarin' ta go!
This release brings a lot of little improvements, most notably contact
editor bug fixes, a few UI clean-ups, and a fantastic logo by Hylke
Perhaps most importantly, this release hints at a big push in the near
future: libsoylent, which we plan to be a simple-yet-powerful way to
integrate easy people-based interaction into your desktop application.
The code in the 0.1.6 tarball is mostly stubs, and the API is far from
finalized, but look forward to early previews in the following releases.
I'll be giving a talk on Soylent: Past, Present, and Future in a couple
of weeks at GUADEC in Istanbul, Turkey. If you're going to be at GUADEC,
make sure not to miss it!
* Added a Project logo (Hylke Bons)
* UI clean-ups:
* Add a regular menubar
* Move editing options from button bar to Edit menu to save space
* Add presence-setting menu
* Install a proper .desktop file, so Soylent shows up in the
* Clean up autotools config (Gilles Dartiguelongue)
* Squash lingering Person Editor bugs
* Code clean-ups in anticipation for libsoylent
* Initial libsoylent stubs (Sven Pfaller)
Soylent is still a work-in-progress. Though I don't think it has any
serious data-mangling/deleting bugs, you should assume it does. Back up
~/.evolution before you install this release.
There's also a laundry list of Known Bugs (see the README).
For any bug reports, questions, comments, feature proposals, etc., head
to the Soylent development mailing list:
More information about the Telepathy