[Telepathy] SIP chats (was: New channel request/announcement/dispatch interfaces)

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Thu Mar 20 08:22:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

The sad truth is, we don't currently use any cross-message "chat" identification, and AFAIK Call-ID cannot be interoperably used for this purpose. There's some chat handle/event support in Sofia-SIP, but it looks like it was primarily targeted for MSRP, and it doesn't make life easier with basic SIMPLE. Pekka may correct me if I'm wrong.
Currently, we relay entirely on the sender-recipient URI pair to identify text channels in SIP; this causes problems if aliases are involved.

Best regards,
  Mikhail