[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: Spicebird 0.7 released!

Prasad s.prasad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 00:48:16 PST 2008

Hi,

I am not sure if I can post a message like this here, but I think there
are people here who would be interested in this.  Spicebird is one of
the few projects that use Telepathy framework on windows.  Please refer
to the release announcement at the bottom of this mail.

Sorry for not submitting our changes upstream yet.  Now that we are done
with a milestone, we will submit the patches and bug reports over the
next few days!

Spicebird Beta 0.7 Release Announcement
============================

Spicebird <http://www.spicebird.com> is a collaboration client that
provides integrated access to email, contacts, calendaring and instant
messaging in a single application. It provides easy access to various
web services while retaining all the advantages of a desktop
application. The application is based on projects like Thunderbird
<http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/>, Lightning
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/> and Telepathy
<http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/> and adds more functionality and
integration among its components.

This release of Spicebird adds the following functionality:

    * Chat with friends on services like Yahoo, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ
      and Jabber
    * Add iGoogle Gadgets <http://www.google.com/ig> to Spicebird
    * Disable the applications that are unused
    * Access Google calendar
    * Experimental support for managing blogs
    * Available in more than 10 languages
    * Basic set of add-ons <http://addons.spicebird.org>
    * Import data from Thunderbird, Outlook and Outlook Express

For a detailed description of this release, see the release notes
<http://www.spicebird.com/spicebird/0.7/releasenotes>.

Get Spicebird! <http://www.spicebird.com/download>