[Telepathy] Protocol Parameters in Telepathy

Prasad s.prasad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 00:14:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am from the Spicebird project [http://www.spicebird.com].  We have
recently added IM support for Spicebird based on the Telepathy framework
on both Windows & GNU/Linux (on the trunk).  On windows we launch our
own DBus, while on GNU/Linux we have a build time option to use the
session bus or launch our own bus.

We have some small problems with the protocol parameters.

1. Is there a way to relate parameters across multiple releases of
connection-managers.

2. When I see Empathy's account setting dialog, it asks for very few
parameters from the user for Gabble, while Gabble can take many more
parameters!  What is the criteria for asking and not asking a parameter?

3. Is there a way to relate parameters across connection-managers.  Eg:
I setup an account for Jabber using Gabble, can I make it work
transparently with Haze too?

I know that few params are standardized like the Server, Port, Account
and Password.  Are there any other things that can make the above possible?

Thanks,
Prasad Sunkari