[Telepathy] tp_cli_connection_manager_run_request_connection(): What parameter types.

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 11:44:51 PDT 2008

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 at 18:17:54 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I now have a connection and tried to connect the connection. I am
> surprised that I didn't get a GError in this test code:
> http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-doc.git;a=blob;f=docs/examples/list_contacts/main.c

You get the error asynchronously - the connection's status changes to
TP_CONNECTION_STATUS_DISCONNECTED with an appropriate reason code (if
you make a TpConnection out of the returned bus name/object path, it'll
emit "invalidated" with an error in the domain TP_ERRORS_DISCONNECTED). This
is because it frequently takes a while for a connection attempt to
succeed or fail.

When tp_connection_manager_request_connection is implemented, we'll
probably be able to report "early" errors as an argument to the
callback, rather than returning a useless TpConnection.

    Simon