[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-glib 0.7.15
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 16:08:04 PDT 2008
telepathy-glib 0.7.15, the "plumbing" release.
The latest reviewed code is always available from:
* GLib and GObject must be at least version 2.16 (this was accidentally the
case in 0.7.14 too, but the dependency is now official). (fd.o #17213)
* TpBaseConnection implementations should use the new method
tp_base_connection_set_self_handle instead of setting the self_handle member
directly. To comply with spec 0.17.10, if the self-handle changes after the
status becomes CONNECTED, tp_base_connection_set_self_handle *must* be used.
* Updated to specification 0.17.10, which includes the SelfHandleChanged signal
and SelfHandle property...
* ... and then to specification 0.17.11, which includes the stable Requests
interface with the CreateChannel method (but not EnsureChannel, which is
planned for a future spec.).
* Added support for the Requests interface to TpBaseConnection, using the new
interfaces TpChannelManager and TpExportableChannel (which are intended to
replace TpChannelFactoryIface and TpChannelIface).
* Added some utility functions: tp_dbus_properties_mixin_make_properties_hash,
* with-session-bus.sh (used for the tests) optionally records dbus-monitor
* telepathy-glib-uninstalled.pc is generated in source builds. It's now
easier to compile dependent projects against an uninstalled copy of
telepathy-glib >= 0.7.15, like this:
(if $HOME/src/telepathy-glib is the directory containing this file)
* TP_BASE_CONNECTION_ERROR_IF_NOT_CONNECTED no longer causes compiler warnings
when used from a C++ source file
* glib-client-gen.py generates correct code for 64-bit unsigned integers
Release notes for projects using code generation:
* If you generate client-side code, update glib-client-gen.py to avoid wrong
code generation for unsigned 64-bit integer arguments. This will cause your
project to require telepathy-glib >= 0.7.3
* If you use a copy of with-session-bus.sh for regression tests, consider
updating it to add support for logging dbus-monitor
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 155 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/attachments/20080918/9c1c88f3/attachment.pgp
More information about the Telepathy