[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-spec 0.17.12
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 08:24:22 PDT 2008
I've just uploaded telepathy-spec 0.17.12, the "drilling holes in walls"
The current development version of telepathy-spec is available as HTML:
or from the 'master' branch in the git repository:
<git+ssh://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-spec.git> (for committers)
For packagers (e.g. http://packages.debian.org/telepathy-spec):
* Added EnsureChannel to the Requests interface. This returns an existing
channel if possible, or creates a new channel otherwise; it also makes
sure that only one caller considers itself to be responsible for
dispatching or handling the new channel.
* Added new errors Cancelled and NotYours to support the ChannelDispatcher.
* Added a Forwarded flag to Channel.Interface.CallState
New experimental API:
* Added the Client and ChannelDispatcher machinery. The ChannelDispatcher
is a central service dependent on the AccountManager (in practice, it will
usually be in the same process) which provides functionality for requesting
channels, and is also responsible for dispatching channels to appropriate
clients. The Client interface is used to discover appropriate clients.
When finished, this will supersede the ChannelHandler interface for clients,
and Mission Control 4's D-Bus API.
* Added a Destroyable interface so the channel dispatcher has a way to
kill off unhandleable channels (e.g. if we don't have a Text UI for some
* doc/*.txt contain various thoughts about use cases for new functionality,
which provide further rationale for why the ChannelDispatcher is so
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 155 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/attachments/20080926/bb779c62/attachment.pgp
More information about the Telepathy