[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-glib 0.7.16

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 11:22:30 PDT 2008

telepathy-glib 0.7.16, the "could you say that again? I was looking at that
bee" release.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib-0.7.16.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib-0.7.16.tar.gz.asc
The latest reviewed code is always available from:
git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-glib.git
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-glib.git (gitweb)

Dependencies:

* To use --enable-gtk-doc you must now have at least gtkdoc 1.10

Enhancements:

* Updated to spec 0.17.12, mainly featuring EnsureChannel

* We now support EnsureChannel on the Requests interface - to implement this,
  put a suitable function pointer in TpChannelManagerIface::ensure_channel

* Channel factories' RequestChannel implementations no longer need to
  validate handles - TpBaseConnection now does this automatically

* Added a function to compare presence types in order of "availability"

Fixes:

* The gtkdoc now documents GInterfaces' signals and properties (fd.o #16995,
  fd.o #17308)

* TpBaseConnection::self_handle is unreffed and cleared slightly later,
  for the benefit of channel managers that want to use it in their
  status-changed(Disconnected) callback

* Fixed a compiler warning on platforms with daemon(3) in their libc

* TpChannelManager can no longer be crashed by asking for unsupported
  handle types

Regards,
    Simon