[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-haze 0.3.0

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Sat Apr 4 03:33:45 PDT 2009

I'm happy to announce that, after an eight-month hiatus, telepathy-haze
0.3.0 (the “Google Abandonware” release) is out! No new user-visible
features, I'm afraid, but it crashes less, compiles more, and complies
with futuristic Telepathy specifications.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-haze/telepathy-haze-0.3.0.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-haze/telepathy-haze-0.3.0.tar.gz.asc
Gitweb: http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-haze.git;a=summary

Dependencies:

 * telepathy-glib >= 0.7.21 is now required.

Enhancements:

 * Connections implement the Requests, SimplePresence and Contacts
   interfaces, courtesy of Simon McVittie.
 * Text channels implement the Messages and Destroyable interfaces.
 * Courtesy of Simon McVittie, telepathy-gabble and FinnAir flight 0837,
   Haze now has a test suite! They test Haze connecting to a fake XMPP
   server; while not perfect (no-one should use Haze for XMPP in real
   life!) it's an improvement on no tests.

Fixes:

 * Text channels closed with pending messages now respawn. (Fixes
   fd.o#17842.)
 * Compiles without warnings on AMD64, courtesy of Larry Reaves. (Fixes
   fd.o#18513.)
 * No longer asserts if you try to set the alias for someone not on your
   contact list. Empathy turns out to do this if you try to accept an
   authorization request. (Fixes fd.o#17382.)
 * Doesn't crash if you try to open a second connection to the same
   account. (Fixes fd.o#18361.)

--
Will