[Telepathy] tq-qt4 refcount proposal

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 6 08:33:05 PDT 2009

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 at 15:55:04 -0300, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
> class ChannelRequest
>     PendingOperation *proceed();
>     PendingOperation *cancel();
>
> Dont you accept/reject a request? How can I cancel something that
> isn't started yet?

This isn't a request in the sense of the library asking the library user
"may I?"; it's an object that represents an unfinished request for a channel.

You ask the channel dispatcher to make you a channel; later (because it
might take a while), you get a response like "OK, here is your channel" or
"sorry, I couldn't do that". One of the possible failure reasons is that you
decided you didn't want the channel after all, and called Cancel; others are
things like a network error.

Proceed is only there for D-Bus API reasons and shouldn't be visible in the
C++ API.

My mail "Semantics of the ChannelDispatcher" explains further.