[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-qt4 0.1.3
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Apr 22 11:04:14 PDT 2009
Here's telepathy-qt4 0.1.3, the "what are you scared of?" release.
The latest reviewed code is always available from:
* Full regression tests now require telepathy-glib >= 0.7.28 (telepathy-glib
is still optional)
* Namespace simplification: Telepathy::Client::Channel (etc.) are now
Tp::Channel, similar to telepathy-glib's TpChannel. Auto-generated client
classes like Telepathy::Client::ChannelInterface are now
* AccountManager, Account, ConnectionManager, Connection, Channel and Channel
subclasses now inherit from Tp::RefCounted and are used together with
Tp::SharedPtr/Tp::WeakPtr, shared and weak pointer classes using ideas from
Qt, glibmm, Boost and WebKit. The constructor is now protected (in order to
support custom classes) and a public create method that returns a SharedPtr
was added. This is an attempt to avoid memory leaks as much as possible, see
* Instead of forward-declaring Telepathy::Client::Channel and using
a variable of type Telepathy::Client::Channel *, you should now include
<TelepathyQt4/Types> and use either Tp::ChannelPtr, which is a
reference-counted shared pointer, or Tp::WeakPtr<Tp::Channel>, which is the
* Header simplification: the public headers now look like
<TelepathyQt4/Channel>, i.e. without the Client subdirectory.
* PendingHandles now finish successfully on non fatal errors (InvalidArgument,
InvalidHandle, NotAvailable). PendingHandles::invalidNames/invalidHandles
should be used to check if a non-fatal error occurred and some handle could
not be acquired.
* Updated to telepathy-spec 0.17.23
* TelepathyQt4Farsight is a new mini-library with glue code to connect
telepathy-farsight to Telepathy-Qt4. Handlers for streamed media channels
with media signalling can #include <TelepathyQt4/Farsight/Channel> and pass
their Tp::StreamedMediaChannel to Tp::createFarsightChannel, then hook up
the resulting TfChannel to a GStreamer pipeline of their choice.
* StreamedMediaChannel has a new handlerStreamingRequired method so you can
check whether the handler needs to carry out the streaming
* fd.o #21336: Channels now indicate whether a message is expected when
doing various Group operations
* fd.o #21337: Account supports the new HasBeenOnline property
* fd.o #20583: Contact objects don't work without the Contacts interface.
* fd.o #20584: Contact object creation doesn't survive bad IDs or handles.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 155 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/attachments/20090422/83e8b61f/attachment.pgp
More information about the telepathy