[Telepathy] Building TelepathyQt4 in windows

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 04:04:35 PDT 2009

2009/8/28 Matti Reijonen <matti.reijonen at adminotech.com>:

Hi Matti,

> Those instructions in http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows section Building TelepathyQt4, I did look at them briefly, but I did not
> get QtDbus from emerge, but I don't think that part matters, I have working QtDbus anyway,
>
> I'm not cmake expert (Maybe I should ask Mattiku when he's around) I' just didn't understand the instructions for
>
> mkdir build; cd build
> cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<desired install location> ..

The key here is the two full-stops at the end of the line, meaning
that you run cmake in the build directory you just created, but it
uses the CMakeLists.txt file from the parent directory. I suspect
(although I'm not certain) that if you use the exact line copied and
pasted to the command line (you can leave out the
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<desired install location> part if you don't
care where it is installed), the problem with Debug will go away,
since the build files and source files will be in separate
directories.

--
George Goldberg