[Telepathy] XMPP 1-to-1 -> MUC migration

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Sun Dec 6 19:54:48 PST 2009

So I've been looking at using Chan.Iface.Conference to signal the
migration of a 1-to-1 chat to a MUC (specifically a GTalk PMUC).

The problem I have is that I can't see anything that can be used from
the XMPP invite request to indicate that this invite comes as the result
of an upgrade:

>From XEP 45:

        <message
            from='darkcave at chat.shakespeare.lit'>
            to='wiccarocks at shakespeare.lit/laptop'>
          <x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user'>
            <invite from='crone1 at shakespeare.lit'>
              <reason>This coven needs both wiccarocks and hag66.</reason>
              <continue thread='e0ffe42b28561960c6b12b944a092794b9683a38'/>
            </invite>
          </x>
        </message>

Which is more or less what GTalk sends (it doesn't provide the continue
element).

Looking for pointers for how this should work.

--danni

--
Danielle Madeley
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd.                  Melbourne, Australia

www.collabora.co.uk