[Telepathy] tp-qt4 high level channel API sketch

Olli Salli ollisal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 06:39:29 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Andre Moreira Magalhaes
<andre.magalhaes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> George Goldberg wrote:
>> maybe just PendingOperation *close() ?
>>
>> otherwise looks great to me.
>>
> I used requestClose as we are already using requestConnect/Disconnect on
> Connection, but we can discuss this

I think requestClose is better. My rationale, as I presented earlier over IRC:

19 24 44   oggis >> I prefer request*
19 24 58   oggis >> it makes it more clear that it only starts the process and
                   it finishes later
19 25 47   oggis >> so people won't do stuff like not take the return value
                   (the PendingOperation *) of a method "disconnect()" and
                   think that "right, there's a line conn->disconnect();,
                   after that line the connection is disconnected"
19 26 25   oggis >> a line conn->requestDisconnect(); gives the more correct
                   impression that "right, a disconnect has been requested"

--

Br,
Olli Salli