[Telepathy] how to use empathy's TubeHandler in python?

Jiri Baum jiri at baum.com.au
Wed Feb 18 06:04:36 PST 2009

Hello,

Alban Crequy:
> I don't know what is empathy.TubeHandler. Maybe an Empathy developper
> can reply here?

Never mind - as Will Thompson pointed out in the other sub-thread, the problem
is that Empathy has a bug concerning tube names with dots in them.

> - receiving and accepting the tube offer:
> http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/alban/rhythmbox.git;a=blob;f=plugins/rb-
>tp-import/rb-tp-import/__init__.py;hb=refs/heads/telepathy

Thanks for that.

BTW, how do you handle the situation when the contact doesn't have the
plugin - do you just let Empathy put up the error, or do you have some way of
detecting the situation and not initiating the tube?

> > Google finds very little in the way of either documentation or code...

> Sorry, there is no documentation for that :-(

No worries. That's why I took my first job to be to write the howto :-)

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri at baum.com.au>                   http://www.baum.com.au/~jiri