[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.21 released

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 11:34:12 PST 2009

The "what?! why do I have flowers outside of my window?" release.

Source:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.21.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.21.tar.gz.asc

The latest reviewed code is always available from:
git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-gabble.git;a=summary

Dependencies:

* telepathy-glib 0.7.23 is now required

Enhancements:

* Implement new tube API for muc stream tubes
* Implement new tube API for 1-1 and muc D-Bus tubes
* Implement the Messages interface for Text channels.

Changes:

* In multi-user chats, the point at which Sent is emitted has changed.
  Previously, Sent was emitted when the message was echoed back to you
  by the server; now, it is emitted (as is Messages.MessageSent) when
  you send the message. When the message is echoed, a delivery report is
  emitted with Messages.MessageReceived, and Received is emitted with an
  empty body and the Non_Text_Content flag set. Clients that don't
  understand the Messages interface should just immediately ack the ID
  in that signal.

  If clients want to preserve the total ordering of MUC messages, they
  now need to care about the Messages interface and watch out for the
  delivery report.

Fixes:

* Various tubes related leaks
* fd.o#20003: fix a crash starting Jingle calls on some 64-bit platforms
* fd.o#20133: fix various bugs where idle callbacks outlived their
  user-data.
* Don't start sending video when the other side adds a video stream.

Will