[Telepathy] StreamHandler clarification and H.264/Theora friendly APIb

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 15:40:59 PST 2009

Hello,

I've gone through the StreamHandler Spec and made some clarifications to
what some of the methods/signal mean and when they should be called. [1]

I'm also proposing deprecating SetLocalCodecs() and
RemoveRemoteCandidate(), which are currently not used.

Also, as for the H.264/Theora, we should add a new "CodecsChanged(list
of codecs)" method that the client will call if the codecs change after
SupportedCodecs(). When the CM receives that, it should do a Jingle
"description-info" call or in the case of SIP, a re-invite to send the
new codecs parameters.

How is it different from SupportedCodecs? SupportedCodecs is the
de-facto answer to the SetRemoteCodecs() signal, so it may be confusing
if we re-used it in this case. But their content is the same.

[1] http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/tester/telepathy-spec.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/media-explanations

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk