[Telepathy] A 'now-running' interface for Rhythmbox, games and Empathy

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Sat Jul 11 16:05:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm not convinced any of those use cases are actually useful.

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 23:56 +0100, Alban Crequy wrote:
> == Use-case: rhythmbox, listen your contacts' music. ==

Either you share the music or not, the whole "having a process" or not
seems more like an implementation detail. Empathy's sharing service
should probably even not have a UI visible if you're not using the music
playing part.

> == Use-case: games ==

If the game program is already running, I'm probably already playing it.
If I want to play games, I probably want a "network game browser", where
I could see which of my contacts uspport which game..

And maybe we want a way to disable/enable advertising some things to say
"I wanna play" version "I'm working real hard now". Maybe per category
instead of per-app .. Although I have no idea if its possible to make a
sensible UI for that. May also be a terrible idea.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk