[Telepathy] discussion about empathy chat window

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 03:07:16 PDT 2009

Le dimanche 14 juin 2009 à 12:31 +0200, Nicolò Chieffo a écrit :
> I would like to start a discussion about the emapthy chat window.
> In my opinion it is too "naked", and it could be improved by some simple addings
>
> What do you think of my proposals in the mockup attached?
> thanks

I don't really like that proposal, the 'naked' window is intentional.

Contact avatar makes no sense if they are too small. And if you make
them big enough it won't fit in the tab bar and the input bar.

About the send button, it is just useless IMO, and it makes the input
bar smaller which is not convenient.

For inserting smileys you have a context menu on the input bar and it's
also available in the window's menu.

Otoh, when we'll support rich-text input (color, bold, images, etc...)
we'll most probably need a toolbar or something like that. Then it will
make sense to add an insert-smiley in it and a send button maybe...

Regards,
Xavier Claessens