[Telepathy] discussion about empathy chat window

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Sun Jun 21 07:59:22 PDT 2009

Pierre-Luc Beaudoin wrote:
> All the other buttons are related to activities you do with your
> contact.  Personnally I'd put them on another toolbar just over the chat
> text, but it'd make the window heavier.

Well. We discussed on #telepathy the other day the idea of improving the
webcam/microphone icons in the buddy list by turning them into a menu of
actions (chat, call, FT, share my desktop), rather than
one-click-whoops-i-video-called-my-boss. Perhaps something similar to
Pidgin's infopane could be added to the top of the conversation window,
showing your contact's status message, avatar and capabilities in a
similar manner to that proposed contact list UI?

Then conversation windows could grow a formatting toolbar, which for now
would only contain an "insert smiley" button but in the future could
expand for message formatting.

I'm going to have a quick go at making a send button in the text entry
work...

--
Will