[Telepathy] FW: Loudmouth register fails

Matti Reijonen matti.reijonen at adminotech.com
Mon Mar 9 05:27:57 PDT 2009

I did my windows port for LM basically by manually applying a batch I found,
first I tried to run the batch, and when that didn't work I did it the hard way, so
maybe windows port is not the right word, it was manual run of that patch :) + some
additional small fix in the code, if I remember correctly.
I did found some instructions how to do it with msys and stuff, but I like to work in
Visual Studio, so I did not use them.. anyway it was not that much work after I found
this patch:
http://groups.google.com/group/loudmouth-dev/browse_thread/thread/4b6768da00852892

I wonder if the other examples of LM work,
So I should modify the example to send something like:

and read the answer and figure out how to register from there?

Just want to make sure the LM works first.. not sure if it's the fastest way to go.

Of course I would not be doing this if gabble connection to jabber server would
have succeeded in the first place.

With gnutls I do get this error, maybe the client needs first send that <start-tls> stanza:

*** Socket library initialising...
*** Checking for winsock 2.0 or above...
Setting ssl
*** Connecting to: jabber.se:5223
*** SRV lookup disabled for jabber.se
Going to connect to jabber.se:5223
Trying 130.236.254.153 port 5223...
Connection success (2).
*** Setting up SSL...
*** Could not begin SSL
*** GNUTLS handshake failed: Resource temporarily unavailable, try again.
Freeing up IOChannel and file descriptor

Matti Reijonen
Software developer

ADMINO technologies
www.adminotech.com