[Telepathy] swapping return/ctrl-return keybindings

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Mar 20 09:03:19 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 16:29 +0100, Olivier Le Thanh Duong wrote:
> Hey,

Hi.

> I'm no gtk or empathy expert but I think this error is caused by the
> fact that input_text_view is a stock TextView and thus don't have the
> 'message_send' signal and gtk_binding_entry_add_signal doesn't create
> a signal.

Yes.  Looking at pidgin's IMHtml widget I think you are right.

> What you should do is create this signal in EmpathyChat and connect
> chat_input_text_view_send to it (or a callback which call this
> function). And then ask your binding to fire up this signal

You sound like you could be correct.  I am certainly not in a position
to tell you you are wrong, but neither do I know enough about gtk
programming to carry out your idea.  :-(

It's moot anyway, given that I cannot realistically start using empathy
yet as it doesn't have enough features for me to replace pidgin with
it.  :-(

b.