[Telepathy] Hold can fail

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 15:59:56 PDT 2009

Hello,

After the recent discussion on jingle hold, I realised some things.

- For the compatibility case, if the other side is an older version that
does not support informational messages or the senders="" hack, then the
Hold interface should not be present.

- If the other end is the new jingle, then the informational messages
are optional and the other end could return
"feature-not-implemented/unsupported-info", so Hold can fail. That
information should be transmitted to the UI so further actions can be
taken.

- In the case of SIP, the same thing could happen, if I send a direction
change to "none", the other side could very well reply with an inverse
direction change (ie, refuse the hold), in which case we should also
fail the hold (I don't know if anyone implements it this way, but I can
see no reason why someone wouldn't have done it).

For the last two cases, we should allow the folowing:
Hold refused by other party: (Unheld, any reason) → (Pending_Hold, Requested) → (Unheld, Rejected)

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd