[Telepathy] Contact list handling helpers in telepathy-glib

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:22:33 PDT 2009

Hello,

Now that we have TpContact objects, I think the next step is to add a
contact list helper API, something like
EmpathyTpContactList/EmpathyContactManager.

Features needed:
 - List TpContact from all connections and get their subscription. Do we
need accounts for that (TpAccount and TpAccountManager imported from
libmcclient)? Or do we get connections by listing dbus names?
 - Get user defined groups for a TpContact
 - Add/Remove a contact from a connection's roster
 - More?

I think there are some telepathy interfaces planned to help handling
contact lists, is it true? Is there some draft for that?

Any comment?

Xavier Claessens.