[Telepathy] Changes in api from mission control 4 to 5

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 05:42:46 PDT 2009

Peter,

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 11:31 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Is there any documentation for the changes in api from mission control
> version 4 to v5? Fedora has moved to MC 5 in rawhide but I've not
> found any docs as to what would be needed to update anerley (from
> moblin) to the new api.

I'm not aware of any migration documentation per se, but the beginnings
of MC5 documentation have been added to the telepathy-book, see the
sections on AccountManager and ChannelDispatcher:

  http://people.collabora.co.uk/~davyd/telepathy-book/

There are examples in the git repo:

  http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-doc.git;a=tree;f=docs/examples;hb=HEAD

I'm especially interested in improving this section of the documentation
at the moment, so if things are too vague or don't make sense (or just
plain wrong), point it out so it can be improved.

Also see the Telepathy spec sections for AccountManager and
ChannelDispatcher:

  http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/

Hope this helps,

--d