[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-mission-control 5.2.5

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 10:41:44 PDT 2009

The "Mornington Crescent" stable-branch release. All bugfixes from this
release already appeared in either 5.3.0 or 5.3.1.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-mission-control/telepathy-mission-control-5.2.5.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-mission-control/telepathy-mission-control-5.2.5.tar.gz.asc
The latest reviewed code is always available from:
git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-mission-control.git
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-mission-control.git (gitweb)

Fixes:

* If we see too many transitions from CONNECTED to DISCONNECTED state (i.e.
  we get kicked off by the server more than 3 times in 2 minutes), stop
  reconnecting; also, don't reset the exponential backoff until we've been
  connected for 2 minutes. This avoids reconnecting in a tight loop if the
  server lets us connect, then immediately drops our connection. (smcv)

* fd.o#23935: call AddRequest if appropriate even on clients that match only
  channels with Requested=true, and use requested channels' complete
  properties in preference to the properties that were requested (smcv)

* Make signed values in .client files work instead of g_critical'ing (smcv)

* Add MCD_CHANNEL_STATUS_ABORTED to avoid sometimes counting aborted channels
  in mcd_dispatcher_get_channel_type_usage (mardy)

* Fix some minor memory leaks (smcv)

Regards,
    Simon