[Telepathy] Jabber disconnection every 7 minutes

Yann Simon yann.simon.fr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 08:32:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I do not know if the mailing list is also intended to users who are
asking for information.
If not, please ignore simply this request.

At work, we have a Jabber-Server (I do not know which one).
With this server, I am always disconnected and connected again every 7 minutes.

A chat window always looks like this:
Contact: bla bla bla
- 16:42 -
 - Disconnected
 - Connected

- 16:49 -
 - Disconnected
 - Connected

- 16:56 -
 - Disconnected
 - Connected

With other Jabber clients, I do not have this behavior.

With other Jabber-Servers (like gmail), I do not have this behavior neither.

Questions:
- has somebody an idea of where this disconnection/connection comes from?
- are there are parameters / settings... I can try to make these disappear?

Thank you in advance.

Yann