[Telepathy] Empathy logging framework

uday kiran udayjandhyala at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 07:08:05 PDT 2010

Hello,

I've been following this forum for updates on the Telepathy & Empathy
frameworks.
Off late I happened to see that Empathy client stores all the chat
conversations at :

~/.local/share/Empathy/logs

As observed in the files here, all chats are stored in xml and then parsed
appropriately
as per API requirement (as per date/time/contact etc)

Could anyone tell me, if this way of storing & retrieving messages using xml
is intentional?
Or was it a conscious decision of not using SQLite? I was wondering if
SQLite offers better
functionality for 'Search'ing chat conversations.

Best regards
Uday