[Telepathy] Running telepathy-example-inspect-channel/ telepathy-example-inspect-contact

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:00:40 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 12:41 +0530, ved kpl wrote:
> Hi,.
>
> Can anybody please tell me what arguments I need to pass to
> telepathy-example-inspect-channel / telepathy-example-inspect-contact
> with an  example , standard arguments, if any? I am just running it
> out of the box on my ubuntu desktop.

I have no clue since I've never compiled this, but a simple look at the
code in:

 if (argc < 3)
    {
      fputs ("Usage:\n"
          "    telepathy-example-inspect-channel CONN OBJECT_PATH\n"
          "CONN may either be a connection's well-known bus name or
object\n"
          "path.\n",
          stderr);
      return 2;
    }

  conn_name = argv[1];
  data.object_path = argv[2];

Says that you should be doing something like

$argv[0]
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.gabble.jabber.connection_40gmail_2ecom /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/connection_40mail_2ecom_token

hope this works.

R.