[Telepathy] Requestable and Immutable properteries (was: API sketches for encrypted channels, and OTR)

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 4 05:08:04 PST 2010

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 at 08:35:58 +1100, Danielle Madeley wrote:
> This is somewhat unrelated, but do you think it's a good idea to add
> property flags to the spec for things like this, so that we can display
> this information in the top-right of the box in the spec. Something like
>
> <property ... tp:flags="requestable,immutable">

If anything, I'd prefer <... tp:requestable="yes" tp:immutable="yes"/>.
So far we've just been using fairly consistent text ("this property is
immutable" or "change notification is via the ThingChanged signal").

One advantage of always having text like that is that it will hopefully remind
people that they should explicitly say what the change notification is, which
might in turn remind them to implement change notification at all :-)

    Simon